TC Learning Coordinator/Teacher of Record
Melanie was born and raised in Minnesota, but came to Alaska in 2004 to teach. She has her Bachelor’s of Science in Communication Arts & Literature for Secondary Education, her Master’s in Education for Curriculum & Instruction, and holds her teaching certificate in English and Communication.
Melanie taught mainly Language Arts and Social Studies in rural Alaska. In 2012 she moved with her family to Anchorage and now resides in Wasilla. On the road system, she has taught at UAA, worked as a Reading Specialist, and is in her 8th year of homeschooling her children.
Melanie loves and supports anything connected to learning. She is trained in traditional academics, but also practices life-schooling approaches. Her favorite go-tos are: place-based education, play-based education, interest-led learning, makerspace, art therapy, and reading.
Contact Melanie for:
- Program & Enrollment
- Individual Learning Plans, Curriculum and Resources
- Progress Reports, Grades, Samples, Transcripts
- Educational Approvals: Allotment Reimbursement, Vendors, Trips, etc.
- Record Transfers
- Vender Application and Documents
- Reimbursement/Payment Processing - Vendors & Families